Who doesn’t like going to movies and having fun with family and friends? But, sometimes, do you also wish you could watch movies at home with the same intensity as that of a theatre? If you do, then you must need a Home theatre system for yourself. And since you’re here, we’ll make sure when you leave, you have a good idea about the Best Home Theatre systems in India.
Everyone wishes to have a cool and amazing looking home theatre which can give them the true experience of watching movies at home.
But, the question remains, which Home Theatre should I choose??
If you also suffer the same anxiety, don’t be confused, we’ll be providing you with a complete home theatre buying guide along with the list of the best ones.
So, let’s get the ball rolling!
The Best Home Theatre System In India
For your convenience, we have categorised the list into 3 sections-
Home Theatres up to Rs. 20,000
Home Theatres up to Rs. 40,000
Home Theatres up to Rs. 50,000
Home Theatres up to Rs 20,000
1. Samsung HT-J5100 K / 5.1 Channel Home Theatre System
- Significant bass for a big sound boost
- Comes with Crystal Amp Pro for Transcendent sound
- Other features – Karaoke scoring, fanfare, key control, microphone with music USB record, CD ripping, TV sound, USB recording (Data disc to USB), quick start mode
- Total Power of 1000W
- Components – Speakers, remote, and player
- Internet access as well | USB Connector
- Dimensions – 54 x 41 x 32.4 m | weight – 9.4 kg
What Makes it Unique?
Sound effects matter the most when you are watching a movie. This system creates a powerful bass that gives a huge sound boost to make your movie session a treat. The deeper bass with Crystal Amp Pro gives give a clearer and Transcendent sound.
Moreover, you can balance the sound according to your liking which makes it very convenient to use. And yes, don’t forget, this is well under budget.
Pros – Sound Effects | Affordable | Easy Controls |
Cons – Handling of the speakers| Sometimes Sound quality goes fade
2. Sony HT-RT3 Real 5.1ch
- 5.1 real surround sound
- Connectivity – Bluetooth, with one-touch NFC and wireless audio streaming
- Comes with a Songpal application so that you can browse music from a distance
- Power – 600 W | Easy set-up
- High-Speed HDMI Cable-1U
- Dimensions – 90 x 7 x 5.2 cm | Weight – 2.1 kg
Why Buy Sony HT-RT3 Real 5.1ch?
Sony has always maintained a mark in the home entertainment industry. This product too has lived up to the hype and has performed well in many aspects.
With the 5.1 separate Channel Surround sound along with Dolby Digital makes you feel like you’re in a theatre and gives you thrilling sound that you need. Not only that but stream and listen to HD music like you have never before.
With easy connectivity, you can also connect it to Bluetooth, NFC with utmost ease and convenience.
So, if your budget is constrained, try it out, you won’t be disappointed.
Pros – Dolby Digital | Surround Sound | Easy to use
Cons – Sometimes, poor performance in music
3. Sony DAV-TZ145 Real 5.1ch
- Surround sound with Dolby Pro Logic
- Just Plug and Play with USB Playback
- Equipped with Dolby Digital for a full movie immersion
- Comes with BRAVIA Sync for you to get full control
- Now watch TV easily with a single HDMI cable
- Connectivity – HDMI Output, USB
- Watch DVD movies in full HD with the DVD Upscaling
- Dimensions – 32.5 x 43 x 5.6 cm | Weight – 8 kg
Why Buy Sony DAV-TZ145 Real 5.1ch?
You get to have super amazing sound experience with the DAV-TZ145. The Dolby Digital and the Dolby Pro Logic give you a smooth and deep sound.
Have all unified control with BRAVIA Sync. And you can even watch all your DVD movies with DVD upscaling so that none of the entertainment gets left behind. For the gaming fans, just connect the USB Playback and experience gaming in this amazing home theatre system.
It is one of the best Home theatre systems that you can find in its price range.
Pros – Dolby Digital Sound | BRAVIA Sync control | USB Playback
Cons – Customer care service | Sometimes USB connectivity gets disturbed during HD videos
4. Sony DAV DZ350 Real 5.1ch
- 5.1 Channel system along with DVD Player
- Equipped with S-Master digital amplifier
- HDMI Output (Upscale 1080p for DVD) | Charming Quartz design
- Wireless streaming with Bluetooth (only for MP3)
- Comes with a Karaoke to let you sing and have fun
- You can convert all sort of stereo audio to Surround sound using Dolby Pro Logic
- USB Playback | BRAVIA Sync for control
- Dimensions – 48.6 x 39.6 x 48.4 | Weight – close to 14 kg
What Makes it Worth Buying?
First of all, you get Sony’s confidence and an astonishing quartz design. The S-Master Digital Amplifier provides you with the best of digital audio. You get so many features like Dolby Digital, and Dolby Pro Logic which ensures that you listen smoother and clearer audio.
For fun, you get a Karaoke set to show-off some singing skills along with USB Playback to enable gamers to have their best gaming time. You can connect to Bluetooth wireless and access the BRAVIA Sync to have full unified control over your device.
Pros – The S-Master digital amplifier | Sound Quality | Connectivity
Cons – Wired speakers | No Wifi
Home Theatres Up to Rs. 40,000 –
1.Sony BDV-E4100 Real 5.1ch
- Surround sound with 5.1ch System
- Has a unique Football mode for recreating the stadium experience.
- Power – 1000 W | Screen Size – 2.4 inches
- You can download the TVSideView app and turn your smartphone into a remote
- Connectivity – Built-in Wifi, Bluetooth, and wireless connection through NFC
- You can stream movies, songs, and other online stuff free on the Sony Network
- The Blu-ray Disc player upscales DVD to an HD quality
- One-touch listening to play instant music
- Dimensions – 29.6 x 43 x 5.1 cm | Weight – 2.7 kg
Why Buy Sony BDV-E4100 Real 5.1ch?
Well, if you are paying more money, it is obvious that the company will surely serve you with better products. With this model, Sony gives you a lot of astonishing features that you crave for.
It includes a one-touch listening for music, Surround sound, Blu-ray Disc player, and even a unique Football Mode for sports lovers to turn your house into a mere stadium. The connectivity options add a lot of conveniences and make sharing a lot easy. You can have a full HD movie experience.
And yes, have you ran out of your movie collection? Don’t worry, you can browse free content on the Sony Entertainment Network.
Pros – Video & Sound quality | Light-weight | Football mode | Music streaming
Cons – Issues with connectivity and movie streaming
2. Yamaha 1840 Home Theatre 5.1
- Gives you virtual sound with 5 front speakers
- Provides you 5.1 Surrounding sound
- Dolby-Audio | DTS-HD
- 4K along with Cinema DPS
- Comes with a Compressed Music Enhancer
- Speaker connectivity – HDMI | Has a Subwoofer as well
- Dimensions – 106.7 x 20.8 x 10.7 cm | Weight – 16.8 kg
Why Buy Yamaha 1840 Home Theatre 5.1?
Yamaha 1840 Home Theatre has some classic features because of whom it has made it to the list. It has 5.1 channel surround sound which makes your house look like a movie theatre. The Dolby Audio adds the required amount of crispiness into the sound.
There are 5 speakers in the front which ensure you get the best ever experience of watching the movie at home. The 4K display will not allow you to miss any detail. Also, the HDMI connectivity simplifies your connection headache. It has taken note of music lovers as well, as they have given the Compressed Music Enhancer for your music taste.
Pros – Dolby-Audio | Music Enhancer | 4K display | Video quality
Cons – A bit heavier | Speaker malfunctions
3. Pioneer 5.1 Home Theatre System HTP-074
- 5.1 channel AV receiver | 5 compact speakers | 4 HDMI inputs
- Highest quality video source – 4K/60p pass through
- HTP -074 is next-gen video standard HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- Built-in Bluetooth Wireless Technology
- HDR support
- Has 2 ECO modes for energy-saving – ECO 1 saves energy without affecting the sound | ECO 2 saves a high amount of energy but affects the quality of sound as well
- Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Digital plus/Dolby Pro Logic II
- Dimensions – 51.1 x 41.9 x 72.2 cm | Weight – almost 15 kg
Should you Buy Pioneer Home Theatre System HTP-074?
Well, it depends on your perspective. If you want a Home theatre for a small-medium room, then this may be a good choice. However, it has some seriously advanced features like the HTP-074 which is a next-gen video standard. It will surely blow your mind.
Apart from that, the supreme video quality through 4K/60p pass through and the advanced level Dolby features (see features above) make it a ridiculously amazing product. The Bluetooth connectivity lets you connect to DVD, mobile, etc. for more options and convenience.
But the best part about it is the ECO feature that it has come up with. The 2 ECO modes save energy while not affecting the sound quality. Can you imagine such a Home Theatre that saves energy?
Pros – The ECO modes | 4K/60p pass through | HDR support | HTP-074
Cons – No Wifi | Speakers behave weirdly sometimes
4. Sony HT-RT 40 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Tall Boy Soundbar
- Real 5.1 channel surround sound
- One-touch wireless connectivity with Bluetooth and NFC
- Has an HDMI Arc
- Total Power output of 600 Watts |
- Comes with Dolby-digital sound technique
- Compatible with Music centre app
- Extremely easy set-up | Tall Boy speakers
- USB audio and video playback
- Dimensions – 90 x 7 x 5.2 cm | Weight – 2.1 kg
Why Buy Sony HT-RT 40 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Tall Boy Soundbar?
Dolby digital Tall Boy Soundbar, as the name suggests, is a Home theatre system equipped with Dolby digital sound and Tall Boy speakers. The idea behind the Tal boy soundbars is to make the sound reach every corner of your room.
Sound quality is very good as you must have guessed. The wireless connectivity makes sure that you can find all sorts of connections without any problem. USB Playback so that you can enjoy the audio, video, and even play games too. The HDMI Arc help you to connect to TVs as well.
So, you get excellent sound and all sorts of connectivity, what else do you need in a Home Theatre?
Pros – Connectivity | Tall Boy Soundbars | Surround sound quality
Cons – Sometimes the sound lag goes dull
Home Theatre Systems up to Rs. 50,000
1.Yamaha Yht-2910 – 5.1 Hd Channel Powerful & Stylish Home Theatre System
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through
- CINEMA DSP which enables High Definition audio decoding
- YPAO sound optimisation for automatic speaker setup
- 5 front speakers with a virtual CINEMA FRONT to provide you with the virtual surround sound
- Speaker connectivity – HDMI | Wired connector type
- Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro Logic Sound
- Extra bass | Input Digital amplifier
- Dimensions – 106.7 x 20.8 x 10.7 cm | weight – 20.4 kg
Why buy Yamaha Yht-2910 – 5.1?
Yamaha provides you with some amazing features in this version of the Home Theatre system. The super amazing style is the first thing that will win your heart. It is elegantly designed and well-drafted.
But, talking about the features, you’ll see a lot of charming and advanced ones here. The 4K Ultra HD Pass-through ensures super-high quality resolution images and video. Moreover, it saves 20% more power as well. The dynamic bass and the Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Digital, etc. makes your sound experience much more comforting and relaxing.
Clearer sound, Ultra HD video, you are guaranteed to have a home theatre experience like never before. Just imagine 4K Ultra video with Dolby Digital sound.
Though Yamaha is not a very popular brand in Home Theatres but, still this product will surely take your fancy.
Pros – HD Audio decoding | 4K Ultra pass-through | Virtual Cinema Front
Cons – Little expensive
2. JBL Bar 5.1 Powerful 4K UHD Soundbar with Wireless Surround Speakers
- 5.1 surround sound
- 510 W power output to give you high-quality audio performance
- Hassle free 10″ Wireless Subwoofer
- 4K connectivity which allows you to connect all 4K devices that you have at your home
- Detachable and battery-powered wireless surround speakers
- Stream Wireless music with Bluetooth
- JBL SoundShift – Allows you to instantly switch between sound from your TV and sound from your phone or tablet
- The Soundbars works even with your TV remote
- Dimensions – 9.3 x 114.8 x 5.5 cm| Weight – 17.5 kg
Why Should you buy JBL Bar 5.1 Powerful 4K UHD Soundbar?
Well, JBL Bar 5.1 has some of the rarest features that you will find in a Home Theatre (Obviously, since its too expensive). But if you have no budget issues, then this might be the best Home Theatre System that you can ever have in its price range.
Let me try to summarize the long list of goodies that it offers – Surrounding sound, high power output, 10″ wireless speakers, 4K connectivity …. and what not?
This has to be the most versatile Home Theatre that I have seen. The 4K connectivity and the idea of Detachable speakers is damn good. Think of how convenient it is to carry the speakers around? This makes our entertainment task a lot easy. There’s no doubt about the video and audio quality.
What I like the most was user convenience. So, I would recommend you this surely.
Pros – Speakers | 4K Audio and video | Connectivity | Top-class Convenience | JBL SounShift
Cons – Expensive | Difficult voice levels | lacks quiet listening performance
So, that was the list guys. If you are also a movie buzz, you must try a home theatre once. Go ahead and buy any of the above. These are the finest and the best home theatres in India. You’ll have an experience like no other. Just know your needs, and choose accordingly. You’ll have an awesome time watching movies at home. Feel free to use the comment section below in case you have any query, doubt or any suggestion.